In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thank you for participating in our first ever MAGDALENA competition. We received 194 entries from 64 artists throughout the US and as far away as Australia, France, Switzerland and Slovenia. With such quality and diversity among the submissions, the judges have selected 13 finalists to exhibit at International House on Friday, December 13th.
A WORD FROM THE JUDGES
Though always a difficult task to judge a person’s heartfelt work, this final selection is both challenging and beautiful in a variety of media. The submissions reflect talent and thought from each of the artists. The careful deliberations by the ‘judges’ were a lively exchange of ideas, history, politics, art, and beauty. –Joshua Mann Pailet I am so grateful for the extraordinary response to this call for submissions surrounding Mary Magdalene! Every submission was heartfelt and spirited. Our final selection is a moving show that inspires and intrigues the viewer to wonder more about the Divine Feminine and for that, I am very excited! -Michelle Magdalena Maddox
Digital collage, original limited edition digital UV print or canvas transfer up to 120 x 120 cm.
- first place winner in Magdalena 2013 INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITION, New Orleans, USA, 2013
- 2016, Global Photography International Photo Contest, Honorable mention
- Shoot the face July 2015 photo contest finalist, Shoot The Frame, on-line
- accepted into 1st International Photography Salon – CITY SOUL 2014, PHOTO DIVAN, Cairo, Egypt, 2014
- 2nd place in Artwork of the month ArtOpen March 2017 in category Photography.